Did you know that
-Sausages are supposed to contain 50% fat free meat…..
-Sausages in Australia and UK have less salt than in New Zealand
-Bacon should be 16% fat-free meat protein, approx 90% meat.
-We consume almost four times the healthy requirement for salt
-pump injecting of salts and gums is common in poultry, read the ingredients
-Salt is the major factor in increasing blood pressure. Raised blood pressure is responsible for 62% of strokes and 49% of coronory heart disease…………
-Most salt is obtained from processed foods
Weight Loss Tips
- Have a good breakfast. It increases the rate you burn calories as well as fueling your body for the morning.
- Hunger and tiredness send similar messages, rest if tired.
- Brush your teeth after meals, makes you less inclined to snack
- Many people eat when they are thirsty. Try drinking more water.
- Treats and rewards should be non food items.
- Margarine contains healthier fats than butter
- Salt and salty products = high blood pressure
- 85% of the salt in our diet comes from processed and commercial foods
- A healthy breakfast improves your memory and concentration levels
- Plan your weekly menu, involve the family, using this site for a healthy family and a healthy budget
- Dont go shopping when you are hungry
- Plan your weekly shopping list and stick to it even if you shop daily
- The average Kiwi spends more on sweets than fruit!
- All the healthy and necessary foods are around the perimeter of the supermarket
Fast foods or Home made ?
- McDonalds fries $24.58 kg 180gms fat
- Watties Chips $3.00kg 40gms fat